Who wouldn’t want to eat this colourful and fun salad? The bonus, it is deliciously jam packed with nutrients from eating these veggies in their raw form.
2 large sweet potatoes
1 bunch red beets (3-4)
4 green onions (sliced)
1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic minced
2 tbsp. maple syrup
sea salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients for vinaigrette in a jar and shake up until well mixed. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and beets. Using your veggie spiralizer, process into separate bowls (NOTE: if you do not have a veggie spiralizer you could use a julienne peeler or a regular veggie peeler and slice into strips)
- Pour 1/2 the dressing in the bowl with the sweet potato and the other 1/2 in the bowl with the beets. Allow this to marinade for and 1-2 hours, or even overnight.
- Right before serving, add the beet ribbons and the sweet potato ribbons together. Do not over stir, the beet juice will turn everything pink!
- Slice green onions diagonally and add this to the salad along with seeds.